Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Maine Game Wardens

         All my life I have been interested in Maines wildlife, from animals to fish to the trees. In the last couple years I have found a job that does that . That job is to be a Maine Game Warden. I believe becoming a Maine Game Warden will allow me to do what I love to do and that is to be around nature. A Game Warden's job is to protect the wildlife from the people who are taking advantage of it and doing illegal stuff towards these animals. They enforce the laws of hunting, fishing and trapping.
http://www.downeast.com/georges-outdoor-news/2012/may/what-maine-game-wardens-doing
          Game Wardens play a huge role in todays world because if we did not have them there would be a much smaller population of all animals. We would have less animals because people take advantage of the animals. So if we did not have Game Wardens some of these would probably go extinct.
           To become a Maine Game Warden you have to be pretty knowlegable regarding fishing, hunting and the outdoors. Also you have to be able to work alone in remote places and be open to moving to a different part of Maine. To be a Game Warden you have to have a High School diploma and be 21 of age.
http://www.legal-criminal-justice-schools.com/Fish-and-Game/Maine-Game-Warden.html

4 comments:

  1. Brycson, I just want to start by saying you had some great points!!! I agree that without these wonderful people Maine's wildlife would be in jeopardy of people that have no ethical control. How will you further extend your knowledge about this subject to help Maine's wildlife?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nate, thank you so much for commenting on my blog. Well I don't exactly know if this is something I want to do for the rest of my life but if it was, I would go to college and become an expert on the requirements for becoming a Maine Game Warden. And then hopefully apply for the job. But i'm not sure if this is what I want to do its just a option

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent post Brycson. I am interested in reading more about your research into what knowledge a Game Warden needs to be effective. What is the history of Maine Wardens and beyond? What is wildlife management? What are the issues involved in being a game warden in Maine.

    ReplyDelete