Friday, October 5, 2012

Game Warden Questions

 

I have some ideas on who I could do a interview with. Well my father knows some of the wardens that are in the area so I was thinking about talking with them to see if this is something I really want to get in to.
When I get ready to start pursuing my goal to become a Game Warden, I could spend a day with a Game warden and just see what they do in a normal day of work.
I would love to maybe even do that for a week so I could see If I could see myself doing that job. This is a job were you don't know what your plan is for each day it can change at anytime. That's also another reason why I like this job your doing a different thing each day.
This is a good video representing what types of things game wardens do.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTlL2N5Iwh8

If I do get into becoming a Game Warden there would be a lot of cons like long hours,working on weekends, not a lot of free time to do what you love like for me not much time for hunting and fishing. I also have a feeling if I give some one a find and then they see me out in the woods somewhere alone something could happen you just never know if someone is still mad or not.
So many people would probably like to get back at that person who fined them for example shooting a deer out of season.

There is also so many pros for being a Game Warden like I would be in the outdoors for most of my jobs. I would get so much knowledge of the outdoors and how to survive and also self defense. And to be able to keep Maines wildlife in check.

There is so much talk about how there are not as many deer as there was 20 years ago and so many people think they know why they think coyotes. I can tell you right now that there part of the problem but they are not the whole problem. The big problem is the turkeys. Have you noticed that there are so many turkeys around lately? They are the big problem they are weakening the deer herd by eating all the food that is on the ground. After turkeys go through a part of the woods it looks like a bull dozer has gone through. Again they are the reason the deer population is going down, they weakening the deer herd then when the coyotes get hungry they just pick out the weakest deer and its easy picking for the coyotes. So its not all of the coyotes fault its mostly the turkeys.
Another reason I believe the deer population is going down is because of car crashes with deer. Last year my brother got 2 does that were hit by a car. There was plenty more to. Also last year a couple weeks after deer hunting season a deer was hit by a car not to far from my house and the word was it was a 11 point buck.

When Games Wardens first start out they make 35,000 dollars a year. Thats pretty good for just starting out at age 21.


Below is a web of questions that I have thought of for becoming a Maine Game Warden
http://www.diigo.com/user/Grovah

2 comments:

  1. Hi Brycson,

    I think you would make an excellent Maine game warden! I think you are already starting to get into the feel of it by wearing camouflage to school sometimes which is cool! I don't know if you have heard of this before, but there used to be a t.v. show on Animal Planet a year or so ago about Maine game wardens and what they do. I've wanted to watch it, but I don't know if it is still premiering. We shall stay in touch after high school if you stay in Maine so you can show me the fantastic forests and animals of Maine someday!

    Continue with your great blog posts!

    Colleen

    ReplyDelete